Heresy

Apparently, the Second Coming of Christ was this past Tuesday.

Oh, my bad. It was the release of "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2."

I do not plan on purchasing the game. It's because I don't like the game. This opinion, it seems, rates me below terrorist detainees and Nazis on the scumbag spectrum.

"You're the video games guy, right?" random people have asked me. "So you're waiting in line at midnight for 'Call of Warfare 2'?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't preorder games," I said, "And I don't care for the 'Call of Duty' series."

"WHAAAAAAT?!!"

"The single player campaign is too short and scripted to warrant multiple playthroughs; replayability is an important factor in my purchases. Second, I don't care for the multiplayer. It's too mainstream and competitive; I prefer more relaxed, cooperative gameplay, like 'Left 4 Dead' and 'Borderlands'."

"You're weird."

Yeah, I guess I am.

Oh, one other reason I won't purchase MW2.

No sweet mustaches.

1 Comment:

PinkPutty said...

Hey man, you should at least rent it.

If you don't like the multiplayer, then it is one of the best rental games of the year. The campaign is about 4 hours, so you can beat it in a day.

Plus, the Special Ops mode (Co-Op) is really awesome. Especially if you're playing with a friend.

Post a Comment

Recent Posts