Game Brain: March 12, 2009

In case anyone's been confused about my references to a print column, I will provide a weekly link over to the Western Herald's website. My column appears in the paper and website weekly, although it's always more exciting to see it in print.

When I can't think of artwork to include with the column, my good friend and fellow copy editor Nosa Osai gets me the hookup. I used to be able to work on the column's page personally, but do to school I can't work Wednesday nights. Even as a control freak, I've been very pleased with the staff's work on my page layout. Heck, the whole paper is pretty darn spiffy.

I like to say: "Papers aren't released: they escape." It's been great fun writing and working for the Herald, especially this coming week with Video Games Live coming to Kalamazoo. My new A&E editor Chris Kato and I will be bringing you guys some special coverage of it. Remember that interview I mentioned earlier this week? Maybe that will show up somewhere...

There's also a ton of my older columns over at the Herald website under the Weekend Scene section. Be sure to read this week's column about the "Golden Age" of video games.

2 Comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

So I'm googling my name, ya' know like any sane/vain person, and I see that my buddy gives me a shout out on his personal page. I appreciate it Brian, and I enjoyed working with you. Make sure you hold it down graphically next year, there's great things ahead of you. And have a good summer in the south.

Nosa

P.S. I'm actually not that vain, I just set up my portfolio website and was trying to see if it would come up. Guess I need to invest in some google adwords.

Post a Comment

Recent Posts